Limaland Motorsports Park
Westfall, Douglas, Bowersock pick up feature wins, while Anderson and Sherman crowned points champion at Limaland.
August 2nd, 2019
by Gerry Keysor
Limaland Motorsports Park wrapped up the 2019 points season on Friday night with the 22nd Annual Points Championship presented by Alexander and Bebout. Lima's Tony Anderson prevailed as the 2019 Bud Thunderstock Track Champion for the 12th time, while Todd Sherman from Churubusco, Indiana was crowned track champion in the Northwest Physical Therapy UMP Modifieds for the 7th time.
Kicking the night off were the Budweiser Thunderstocks in their 15 lap A Main. No. 7W Dan Wooten and No. 82 Chris Douglas would make up the front row, with Douglas grabbing the early lead. No. 7C Jordan Conover came into the night 24 points behind in the points battle and tried all he could do to close the gap. Conover would hound Douglas throughout the race, trying low and high lines to find a way to grab the win. Meanwhile No 463 Daniel Sanchez who came into the night leading the points chase over Tony Anderson by 6 points, suffered heartbreak when contact with another car cut down the left rear tire on his car, ending his night. Douglas would hold off Conover's advances to pick up the victory, No. J2 Rob Trent would finish 3rd, No 23 Casey Barr would finish 4th, and by virtue of his 5th place feature finish, Tony Anderson claimed his 12th Limaland track championship just 10 months after open heart surgery threatened to end his career.
Next up were the Non Wing Sprint Cars making their lone appearance for 2019 in a 25 lap feature. No 1H Korbyn Hayslett and No 2DI Dustin Ingle would lead the field to the initial green flag, but would have to relinquish the front row when the start was called back for firing too early. This handed the front row to Wapakoneta, Ohio's "Magic Man" Mike Miller in the No 82, and No. 21K Kody Swanson. Miller and Swanson would battle side by side for the first half lap, before Miller would settle to the bottom of the track and set sail. No. 33M Matt Westfall methodically picked his way to 2nd on lap 16 after starting 12th and began reeling in the leader in lapped traffic. It seemed that Westfall would come up just short but was able to get an amazing run underneath Miller off of turn 4 on the final lap to grab the victory. Miller would finish 2nd, with No. 0 Steve Irwin 3rd, Swanson 4th and No. 18 Dallas Hewitt completing the top 5.
Wrapping up the night were the Northwest Physical Therapy UMP Modifieds in their 20 lap A Main. No. 65 Todd Sherman, and No. 22T Tony Anderson would make up the front row, with Anderson grabbing the early lead. No. 95J Jerry Bowersock used the middle of the track to track down Anderson and grab the lead on lap 4. Anderson would stay close throughout the race, peeking under Bowersock multiple times. Meanwhile, No. 3W Dylan Woodling began to charge to the front on the top of the racetrack, getting by No. 34X Shane O'Connor, and Sherman. As the laps wound down, Woodling would make a final charge, nipping Anderson at the line for 2nd. Anderson would finish 3rd with O'Connor 4th and by finishing 5th, Todd Sherman picked up his 7th Limaland Points Championship in the Northwest Physical Therapy Modifieds.
Limaland Motorsports Park closes out the season on Friday August 9th when Lock Sixteen Steakhouse and K&L Ready Mix present the 2019 Awards Celebration Night. Teams in the K&L Ready Mix NRA Sprint Invaders, Northwest Physical Therapy UMP Modifieds, and Budweiser Thunderstocks will compete in special invitational races, followed by the 2019 Limaland Season Awards Banquet. Following the awards ceremony, the Bud Thunderstocks and Northwest Physical Therapy UMP Modifieds will compete in the King of the Quarter Mile events presented by Lock Sixteen, and the K&L Ready Mix NRA Sprint Invaders will compete in their King of the Quarter Mile event presented by K&L Ready Mix. When the racing is all over, we invite all the fans to join us in the pit area for the 2019 Pit Party Celebration presented by the Ohio State Beauty Academy. Food and drinks provided, and no pit pass required to join in the celebration! This event has a special start time of 7:15 for racing action. Pit Gates will open at 4:30, Grandstand Gates at 5. Adults General Admission $15, Young Adults (Ages 11-15) – $7, Children 10 & Under – Free. Pit Pass (All ages) – $30
Limaland Motorsports Park - 8/2/2019
22nd Annual Limaland Points Championship presented by Alexander & Bebout
Heat 1 - (8 Laps - Top 6 Transfer)
1. 26-Justin Long; 2. J2-Rob Trent; 3. 22T-Tony Anderson; 4. 27-Frank Paladino; 5. 1-Chad Coleman; 6. OO-Brandon Pralle
Heat 2 - (8 Laps - Top 6 Transfer)
1. 7C-Jordan Conover; 2. 82-Chris Douglas; 3. 23-Casey Barr; 4. 87-Andy Welch; 5. 89-Keith Shockency; 6. O1-Leighton Clift
Heat 3 - (8 Laps - Top 6 Transfer)
1. 463-Daniel Sanchez; 2. 7W-Dan Wooten; 3. 11-Mason Bevard; 4. 17H-Devon Helmig; 5. 57-Jeffery Jessup; 6. 77-Corey Wooten
A-Main - (15 Laps) [#]-Starting Position
1. 82-Chris Douglas; 2. 7C-Jordan Conover; 3. J2-Rob Trent; 4. 23-Casey Barr; 5. 22T-Tony Anderson; 6. 87-Andy Welch; 7. 27-Frank Paladino; 8. 17H-Devon Helmig; 9. OO-Brandon Pralle; 10. 89-Keith Shockency; 11. O1-Leighton Clift; 12. 11-Mason Bevard; 13. 1-Chad Coleman; 14. 57-Jeffery Jessup; 15. 7W-Dan Wooten; 16. 77-Corey Wooten; 17. 463-Daniel Sanchez; 18. 26-Justin Long
Non Wing Sprint Cars
Heat 1 - (8 Laps - Top 8 Transfer)
1. 9N-Luke Hall; 2. 82-Mike Miller; 3. 2-Mike Galajda; 4. 60-Riley Vanhise; 5. 5M-Mike Moore; 6. 21B-Ryan Barr; 7. 49-Brian Ruhlman
Heat 2 - (8 Laps - Top 8 Transfer)
1. 18-Dallas Hewitt; 2. 2DI-Dustin Ingle; 3. 99-Gage Etgen; 4. 24L-Lee Underwood; 5. 86-Rick Holley; 6. 25-Max Frank; 7. 19-Matt Cooley
Heat 3 - (8 Laps - Top 8 Transfer)
1. 21K- Kody Swanson; 2. 1H-Korbyn Hayslett; 3. O-Steve Irwin; 4. 33M-Matt Westfall; 5. 23S-Landon Simon; 6. 71C-Barney Craig
A-Main - (25 Laps) [#]-Starting Position
1. 33M-Matt Westfall; 2. 82-Mike Miller; 3. O-Steve Irwin; 4. 21K- Kody Swanson; 5. 18-Dallas Hewitt; 6. 2DI-Dustin Ingle; 7. 49-Brian Ruhlman; 8. 23S-Landon Simon; 9. 2-Mike Galajda; 10. 24L-Lee Underwood; 11. 60-Riley Vanhise; 12. 19-Matt Cooley; 13. 99-Gage Etgen; 14. 5M-Mike Moore; 15. 1H-Korbyn Hayslett; 16. 86-Rick Holley; 17. 21B-Ryan Barr; 18. 71C-Barney Craig; 19. 25-Max Frank; 20. 9N-Luke Hall
Northwest Physical Therapy UMP Modifieds
Heat 1 - (8 Laps - Top 4 Transfer)
1. 22T-Tony Anderson; 2. 463-Daniel Sanchez; 3. 9PG-Percy Gendreau; 4. O1-Bryce Nichols; 5. 16-Jeff Koz; 6. M1G-Matt Twining; 7. 92-Kyle Shaffer
Heat 2 - (8 Laps - Top 4 Transfer)
1. 65-Todd Sherman; 2. 3W-Dylan Woodling; 3. 4L-Mike Learman; 4. 10L-Nathon Loney; 5. 10-Scott Bowersock; 6. 19B-Ryan Ordway; 7. 975-Reed Hurst
Heat 3 - (8 Laps - Top 4 Transfer)
1. 34X-Shane O'Connor; 2. 2D-Curtis Deisenroth; 3. 7-Drew Smith; 4. 71-Scott Fritz; 5. 9C-Troy Cattarene; 6. 4M-Tim Moore; 7. 71R-Keith Ralston
Heat 4 - (8 Laps - Top 4 Transfer)
1. 95J-Jerry Bowersock; 2. 11H-Mike Hohlbein; 3. 18-Ryan Sutter; 4. 1-Brenden Rassel; 5. 17F-Nick Felkey; 6. 71H-Chris Hicks; 7. 17-Jarrod Klay
B-Main - (8 Laps - Top 4 Transfer)
1. 9C-Troy Cattarene; 2. 10-Scott Bowersock; 3. 17F-Nick Felkey; 4. 71H-Chris Hicks; 5. 975-Reed Hurst; 6. 19B-Ryan Ordway; 7. 4M-Tim Moore; 8. 92-Kyle Shaffer; 9. 17-Jarrod Klay; 10. M1G-Matt Twining; 11. 71R-Keith Ralston; 12. 16-Jeff Koz
A-Main - (20 Laps) [#]-Starting Position
1. 95J-Jerry Bowersock; 2. 3W-Dylan Woodling; 3. 22T-Tony Anderson; 4. 34X-Shane O'Connor; 5. 65-Todd Sherman; 6. 11H-Mike Hohlbein; 7. 18-Ryan Sutter; 8. 2D-Curtis Deisenroth; 9. 1-Brenden Rassel; 10. 4L-Mike Learman; 11. 463-Daniel Sanchez; 12. 9PG-Percy Gendreau; 13. 10-Scott Bowersock; 14. 71H-Chris Hicks; 15. 9C-Troy Cattarene; 16. 71-Scott Fritz; 17. 7-Drew Smith; 18. O1-Bryce Nichols; 19. 17F-Nick Felkey; 20. 10L-Nathon LoneyBack to News