Limaland Motorsports Park
Stewart grabs 16th Annual Run for the the Rabbit at Limaland
A great crowd filled the stands, and a great field of cars filled the pit area at Limaland on Friday night to honor the memory of Travis "the Rabbit" Miller with the 16th Annual "Run for the Rabbit" Bellefontaine, Ohio's JR Stewart would pick up the $2000 victory in the NRA Sprint Invader feature honoring his late friend. Jeff Koz would pick up the victory in the K&N Filter UMP Modifieds feature, and Tony Anderson would win the Bud Thunderstock A Main.
The McDonalds Dash for Cash opened racing action with the Bud Thunderstocks competing in the 5 lap, winner take all dash. Lima, Ohio's Jarrod Klay would win in the No. 17J Nightmare Chassis.
The K&L Ready Mix NRA Sprint Invaders would kick off feature action with the 25 Lap "Run for the Rabbit" A Main. Carnage would ensue immediately as No 15 Brandon Ferguson would get upside down in turns 3 and 4, bringing out the red flag, and causing a complete restart. Ferguson would walk away from the scene under his own power. No. 6s JR Stewart would take off with the lead from the pole, using the low side of the track to his advantage with Delphos, Ohio's Shawn Dancer using the high side to run a close 2nd. The red flag would wave again for the No. 10j of Jarrod Elong, as he got upside down in turns one and two on lap four. On the restart, Dancer would get a great run on the backstretch and try a slidejob on Steart for the lead, but Stewart would crossover and hold the spot. The field would string out a bit until lap 10, when No. 17 Jared Horstman, began his charge for 2nd, battling with Dancer, and trading slidejobs until taking the spot for good on lap 13. Stewart's lead over Horstman stayed just under one second until lap 20 when Horstman began to close rapidly. Horstman made one finl charge on the final lap, but Stewart was able to hold on to win his 2nd "Run for the Rabbit" crown and his 2nd feature of teh season at Limaland. Horstman was 2nd, with Dancer 3rd, No. 22h Randy Hannagan was 4th, and No. 5m "Mad" Max Stambaugh completed the top 5.
The K&N Filters UMP Modified feature would see the defending track champion, No.16 Jeff Koz and No.3W Dylan Woodling lead the field to green in the 20 lap feature. 6 cautions would slow the first half of the feature before Koz and Woodling would put on a show for the fans. Koz would use the bottom of the track while Woodling used the middle and top to pull along side Koz several times, before Koz pulled away for good on lap 18. Koz picked up the win over Woodling, No.09D Joel Dick, No.10 Scott Bowersock, and No.65 Todd Sherman.
The Bud Thunderstocks wrapped up racing action with their 15 lap feature. No.19 Bill Reimund, and No.82 Chris Douglas brought the field to the start, with Douglas grabbing the early lead. Anderson would charge to 2nd and stalk Douglas until lap 6, when the 2 would put on a duel for the fans in attendance. Douglas fought to hold the low line, as Anderson the multi-time track champion searched for teh right line to get a run on Douglas. The battle raged until lap 12, when apparent rear end issues would plague Douglas' No.82, causing the car to turn sharply right and stop right in the middle of the front stretcch in front of a charging field. Everyone would get by safely, but Douglas' night would end on the back of a wrecker. Anderson would go on to grab the win over Reimund, with No.67 Eddie Shaner 3rd, with UNOH Racers No.00 Daniel Sanchez, and No.1 Justin Hamilton completing the top 5.
Limaland is back in action next Friday June 24th when Ohio Logistics presents leg 7 of the 34th Annual Ohio Sprint Speedweek, featuring Tony Stewart's Arctic Cat All Start Circuit of Champions Sprint Cars. Along with the All Stars will be the K&N Filters UMP Modifieds. For details on this big event, and all races at Limaland, visit www.limaland.com
Limaland Motorsports Park - 6/17/2016
Lima Chevrolet & Cadillac Night
16th Annual Run for the Rabbit
K&L Ready Mix NRA Sprint Invaders
Heat 1 - (8 Laps - Top 6 Transfer)
- 49-Shawn Dancer; 2. 6S-Jr Stewart; 3. 5M-Max Stambaugh; 4. 22H-Randy Hannagan; 5. 15-Brandon Ferguson; 6. 23M-Jack Miller
Heat 2 - (8 Laps - Top 6 Transfer)
- 30-Hud Horton; 2. 12-Nick Roberts; 3. 17-Jared Horstman; 4. 35R-Ron Blair; 5. 10J-Jarrod Delong; 6. 5W-Jeff Williams
Heat 3 - (8 Laps - Top 6 Transfer)
- 23-Devon Dobie; 2. 2-Kyle Sauder; 3. 17A-Tim Allison; 4. B20-Butch Schroeder; 5. 22R-Kevin Roberts Jr
A-Main - (25 Laps) [#]-Starting Position
- 6S-Jr Stewart; 2. 17-Jared Horstman; 3. 49-Shawn Dancer; 4. 22H-Randy Hannagan; 5. 5M-Max Stambaugh; 6. 30-Hud Horton; 7. 23-Devon Dobie; 8. 2-Kyle Sauder; 9. B20-Butch Schroeder; 10. 17A-Tim Allison; 11. 22R-Kevin Roberts Jr; 12. 35R-Ron Blair; 13. 5W-Jeff Williams; 14. 12-Nick Roberts; 15. 23M-Jack Miller; 16. 10J-Jarrod Delong; 17. 15-Brandon Ferguson
K&N Filters UMP Modifieds
Heat 1 - (8 Laps - Top 5 Transfer)
- 22T-Tony Anderson; 2. O9D-Joel Dick; 3. O%-Derrick Austin; 4. 17T-Mike Tarlton; 5. 18N-Derrick Noffsinger; 6. 11H-Mike Hoblein; 7. 12B-Kelly Bowlby; 8. 4G-Bill Griffith
Heat 2 - (8 Laps - Top 5 Transfer)
- 34X-Andy Bibler; 2. 3W-Dylan Woodling; 3. 65-Todd Sherman; 4. O1-Jared Spalding; 5. 19-Ryan Ordway; 6. 17-Nick Felkey; 7. 45P-Brian Post; 8. 41-Jason Mccoy; 9. 22L-Bill Lewis
Heat 3 - (8 Laps - Top 5 Transfer)
- 10B-Scott Bowersock; 2. 16-Jeff Koz; 3. 4-Mike Learman; 4. 96-Pete Wormcastle; 5. 36-Brandon Vaughon; 6. 19B-Brandon Ordway; 7. 20K-Bill Keeler; 8. 36D-Tom Conrad Jr.; 9. 1-Will Norris
B-Main - (8 Laps - Top 5 Transfer)
- 11H-Mike Hoblein; 2. 19B-Brandon Ordway; 3. 12B-Kelly Bowlby; 4. 22L-Bill Lewis; 5. 4G-Bill Griffith; 6. 36D-Tom Conrad Jr.; 7. 20K-Bill Keeler; 8. 41-Jason Mccoy; 9. 17-Nick Felkey; 10. 1-Will Norris; 11. 45P-Brian Post
A-Main - (20 Laps) [#]-Starting Position
- 16-Jeff Koz; 2. 3W-Dylan Woodling; 3. O9D-Joel Dick; 4. 10B-Scott Bowersock; 5. 65-Todd Sherman; 6. 36-Brandon Vaughon; 7. O1-Jared Spalding; 8. 96-Pete Wormcastle; 9. 22T-Tony Anderson; 10. 19B-Brandon Ordway; 11. 11H-Mike Hoblein; 12. 18N-Derrick Noffsinger; 13. 17T-Mike Tarlton; 14. 22L-Bill Lewis; 15. 12B-Kelly Bowlby; 16. 4G-Bill Griffith; 17. 34X-Andy Bibler; 18. 19-Ryan Ordway; 19. O%-Derrick Austin; 20. 4-Mike Learman
Heat 1 - (8 Laps - Top 7 Transfer)
- 82-Chris Douglas; 2. 27-Frank Paladino; 3. 2-Shayne Meadows; 4. 1-Justin Hamilton; 5. 1W-Mark Wooten; 6. 32-Scott Boyd Jr.; 7. T18-Thomas Foust
Heat 2 - (8 Laps - Top 7 Transfer)
- 19-Bill Reimund; 2. OO-Daniel Sanchez; 3. 1J-Jason Jimison; 4. 89-Keith Shockency; 5. 21-Brad Conover; 6. O1-Blake Spalding; 7. 54-Dan Wooten
Heat 3 - (8 Laps - Top 7 Transfer)
- 22T-Tony Anderson; 2. 67-Eddie Shaner; 3. 17J-Jarrod Klay; 4. 23-Casey Barr; 5. 7-Jordon Conover; 6. 71C-Barney Craig; 7. 26-Justin Long
A-Main - (15 Laps) [#]-Starting Position
- 22T-Tony Anderson; 2. 19-Bill Reimund; 3. 67-Eddie Shaner; 4. OO-Daniel Sanchez; 5. 1-Justin Hamilton; 6. 2-Shayne Meadows; 7. 89-Keith Shockency; 8. 7-Jordon Conover; 9. 23-Casey Barr; 10. 21-Brad Conover; 11. O1-Blake Spalding; 12. 71C-Barney Craig; 13. 32-Scott Boyd Jr.; 14. 1J-Jason Jimison; 15. 82-Chris Douglas; 16. 54-Dan Wooten; 17. T18-Thomas Foust; 18. 17J-Jarrod Klay; 19. 1W-Mark Wooten